Tuesday, March 31, 2009

How 'bout that?

This morning when I took Cole to school, he sat down at the little breakfast table in the "cafeteria." As I was telling him bye, the kid next to him (about 4-5 years old) got my attention and while all these nasty pop tart crumbs were flying out of his mouth as he was talking, he said, "HEY, I can beat him up cause I have a jacket that says Hulk and I have big muscles." I'm like, "OH ok well leave my kid alone you FREAK!!!" Well wait, that was INSIDE my head. Outloud I think I said something like, "Well yeah but we don't beat our school friends up..." AND LEAVE MY BABY BOY ALONE!! :) Speaking of babies...

A conversation putting Shelby to bed last night:

S: "Mommy says I'm her baby girl."
Jeff and Me: "Well you are our baby girl! Cole is our baby boy and you're our baby girl."
S: "Yeah but you guys are just pretendin right?"
M: "No way, you're ALWAYS gonna be my baby girl!!"
S: "Well when I get 4 I'm not gonna be a baby anymore....I can be your good BIG girl but I couldn't be your baby girl...How bout that?"

She's always compromising or bargaining for something! Everything's a debate in our house---hmmm, reminds me of someone who was a kid just like that! (Me!)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Faith does the same thing! It was so cute and I was so impressed when she was two...now it makkes me so tired! I keep having to remind myself it's a sign of intelligence. ;)