Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Just Between Friends

I participated in the Just Between Friends consignment sale this past week in NRH. I did so well! I prepared and tagged 67 items, and all but 6 things sold! I did a lot of clothes and I only had 2 clothing items that didn't sell. (Shoutout to Kelly for sharing her prep and pricing secrets with me!) I sold 4 pairs of shoes, some toys, numerous clothes, a crib mattress and some other baby gear, and a stroller. They mark things down on the last day but 90% of my stuff sold for full price. The best part....I made $298!!! I am so happy with the results... The tagging didn't take me TOO long and was definitely worth $300. I'm a believer now. :) Can't wait till the fall sale!

6 comments:

Amanda and Anthony said...

Wow! That's great! I'm looking forward to going to my first sale later this month!

Susan said...

Ok now I am going to have to do it. You will have to share the secrets to tagging. That is the part that I am dreading.

That is awesome!

Kelly said...

Seriously, that check is the only thing that keeps me going. I know there is no way I would get that much at OUAC or K-t-K or a garage sale, which would be even more work! I dread the tagging and prepping but have to keep reminding myself of the check...and the fact that it means I get to find some cute stuff for the next season.

Jess said...

Save Kelly's tips...I'll need them one day!

Paul K said...

The JBF sale is here in Midland in April. I'm curious about your pricing secrets, if you wouldn't mind sharing. laurackaufman at yahoo dot com

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! Now you can buy $300 worth of more stuff for the kiddos to sell next year! It's a vicious cycle.