Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring break so far...

Well here we are in the middle of spring break and it is flying by!!!
I am at home ALONE right now and I can't post any pictures because I sent my camera with my parents and the kids. Nonnie and Poppy came over this morning and I packed them a picnic lunch and they were off with the kids to the Botanic Gardens (and the Japanese gardens to feed the fish.) I gave them my camera and said, "USE IT!!!" They promised they would but I am leery.
Let's see, so far for spring break...
Friday evening we had a family get-together at our house for chili and just hanging out. It was the first time for Jeff and me to meet Anna's boyfriend Ryan. He has stayed at our house a few times (they house-sit for us when we go out of town or go camping) but our first time to meet him in person. Very cool guy. Way to go Anna!!! :) haha And Tyty was in town for 1 night from Lubbock (headed to Austin the next day to party of course, haha) Ty was the last to arrive, and every time someone was at the door, Cole went running yelling, "TyTy!!!" When it was someone else he started crying, "NO Cole wanna see Tyty!!! Wahhhh!"

Saturday was a BUSY day! In the morning Shelby and I had an appointment for manis and pedis with the girls! Shelby was SO good and she loved all the attention she got and all they "Oh she's so cute!"'s She sat very still to get her nails and toenails painted, she even got flowers on her thumbs and big toes and didn't mess anything up.
After that we had a girly lunch at Swirl bakery where she was so good that I actually got to enjoy lots of girl talk. My friend Jess is pregnant with a girl who will also be a VERY girly girl so in about 3 years we'll be doing it with little Miss B too!
We took a mani pic...


Then we were off to Dallas. Jeff had dropped Cole off with my parents and Millie a little earlier (in Dallas) and so I dropped Shelby off at Millie's apartment as well. While they hung out and played, we went to a St. Patty's day "party" at Kirk's house. Although we weren't into the whole Greenville scene, Kirk lives a couple blocks from it and had a nice little party at his pad. We played pool and hung out with lots of cool people, and had some nice adult non-family-friendly :) time.
After a few hours we headed back to Millie's and then off to dinner. We ate at Matt's Mexican restaurant in Lakewood. The atmosphere and food was GREAT but the wait was a little crazy. We called just before we left and they told us that there was no wait- so Jeff and Luke went immediately to get a table. We showed up with the whole gang about 15 minutes (or so) later and then proceeded to wait AN HOUR for a table. Luckily they have an awesome outdoor area where we could sit and watch the kids run around (and freeze our booties off.) Nana and Garland were with us- they were in town for a concert at the Meyerson- so we got lots of good Nana and Papa G time! :)

Sunday was a day full of hanging and relaxing, I can't remember anything to report. (My days are running together!)

Monday we went out shopping with "the girls" for Millie's wedding (Nonnie, Millie, Anna, me, Shelbs). I took Cole to school and Shelby went with us. I am SO amazed at how well Shelby now does with errands and shopping. She is PERFECT. We were gone for 7 hours, in and out of stores and malls and she was absolutely perfectly behaved. Her main concern was that she looked "so cute" before we left! :) That night I couldn't get her to leave Nonnie's house so she spent the night. The next morning when Cole woke up I said, "Where's Sissy?" and he said, "Out girls. Sissy out with the girls." Hahaha!

Tuesday Jeff was off and we headed to Denton for lunch with Gram, Grandpa and Matthew. This week is Gram's birthday! ((((HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAM!!!)))) We walked around the Denton Mini Mall which is like a JUNK store...it seriously disgusts me!...and then we ate lunch at Denton Independent Hamburger. If you know this place, you know it is NO PLACE for a diet. OMG HOLY HUGE CHEESEBURGER AND GREASY FRIES!!!! The only other thing on their menu is a "Grilled chicken breast sandwich" so that's what I got. It was a flavorless dry piece of chicken on a hamburger bun. YUCK! But I didn't think it was worth ruining my week for a greasy burger! (I did eat some fries)
We came home and napped and then headed with all 3 dogs and 2 kids to the dog park. We are so outnumbered!!! There were about 50 or more dogs in the "small dog" area and our dogs and kids both LOVE it.

Last night my brother (Ty) and his friends went to a party next-door. They crashed at our house so they wouldn't have to drive. When I talked to Ty at 10pm he said, "I don't think we'll be that late..." Haha! At 3:50 am they were here. Ahhh, the good ol' college days!!! Too bad for them there is no escaping the 3 dogs and 2 year old up at 8am at this house. Mary was all over Tyler because she loves him...then when Cole saw them he wanted to hang out too. At 8:30 Shelby woke up and managed to get 3 sleeping 20 year old boys to get up and "Come see her pretty pink room." That cracked me up!

That brings us to today. And instead of getting anything around the house or and SLEEPING done I'm doing this. :) I will update this post (or do a new post) with pics later so stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anna Jones said...

I wish I was off the whole week to hang out with the fam! Man getting older and have responsibilities really sux. HAHA. Can't wait until Saturday though.