Friday, May 1, 2009

Some little 'isms

Wednesday night Shelby and I were in the living room and Jeff was back in our room. Shelby suddenly yelled across the house to him:
"Daddy! I found an idea in my brain!!!!!"

Thursday morning we were watching the news, and the weather was on. Shelby was very interested in it and told me not to change the channel even though Cole was asking for Diego. She said, "Mommy, look how much rain Arkansas has!" and sure enough, they were showing the radar and Arkansas was covered in rain. (Last week her class had homework to color in the states that they have been to on a map, so I really do think she remembered which one was Arkansas vs. just being lucky!)

This morning I was back and forth on whether to take the kids to school or stay home with them (swine flu scare.) As I pulled into Cole's school parking lot, I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was kinda convincing me to go back home. So I backed out of the parking spot and Cole started screaming, "NO!!! MY WANT SEE MY FRIENDS!!!! MY WANT SEE MY FRIENDS!!!" Shelby started in all sassy-like, "Mommy, we WANT to go to school!!!" So I did a circle around the block and went back. And here I am at work.

No comments: