She loves to be the one that comes up with ideas and plans about what we're going to do... What we're going to wear, eat, how we're going to play, and where everyone sits at the dinner table...Which glass she wants to drink out of and whether it has crunched ice, big ice, or no ice...What color and size utensils she uses. When Jeff or I tell her to do something, there's always something she has to do or say first. "Just a minute"..."Well hold on a second"..."Wait, I need to tell you somethin first"... I'm not saying this is all bad, but it's definitely EXHAUSTING!!! But the wonderful parts of this is how big of a help she is. If I give her the responsibility of getting Cole's shoes and socks for me, or helping him wash his hands, or getting him to get in the car, she does it so caringly (not a word) and with so much pride...talk about a natural motherly instinct! She's got it. (Oh and I also want to mention her favorite thing to do these days when she's mad at Mommy and Daddy: She screams, "I AM NOT GONNA PLAY WITH YOU EVER EVER AGAIN!!!" and follows it with a dramatic door close into her room.
This morning we had breakfast for Mom's day at Cole's school. Shelby was with us, and she ate like THREE donuts (all the points I'd be allowed for a day!!!) Then all of a sudden I see her up and walking around the room. She's picking up people's plates and putting them in the trash for them, then she's straightening the door mats and floor mat under the water fountain. Now I must focus on how to bring this newfound cleanliness of hers into OUR home! Somehow her bajillion pairs of shoes that are dumped out every morning as we negotiate on the perfect pair for her to wear to school don't bother her at all being all over her room. She knows to pick up toys when she's done with them at school but never gives it a first thought at home. "Get Shelby to clean up the house" - yeah, it's going on my TO DO list. heehee.
Every day I see Cole taking bits and pieces that he's seen from Shelby and using them. Like this morning, "My don't YIKE dese socks!!! My want diffrent socks!!!! My don't yike dem!!" Like a two year old boy should care about which pair of socks he's wearing! Then yesterday we got a new carseat for Shelby in. It's hers because the cheapest pattern was this one:

Cole was having a bad whiney morning anyway but he cried all the way to school that he didn't YIKE his new chair (which is the one sissy was using before)

Of course prior to today he would often whine that he wanted to sit in Sissy's seat. This is what you call obstinate. And that is the one word my parents always used to describe me. Lovely!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment