I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
Thursday we had "Munchies with Mom" at Shelby's school for breakfast. (No pics)
Thursday night - Cole the happy boy!

His face healed so quickly. I've been slathering it with Vitamin E to make sure there's no scar. Seems that little kids' skin just heals so well though!

Then on Friday we had Mother's Day breakfast at Cole's school.
This is the only picture I got, and Shelby didn't like it; she said, "Mom I'm not smiling!!!"


Then Saturday we met Nonnie and Poppy at Kohls for some shopping. The kids were pretty darn good. :)
Waitin for Nonnie to check out...

After a trip to Chick Fil A, we spent the afternoon playing at home and Cole napped. I didn't even try to get Sissy to nap, she's pretty much done with that when she's not at school now. (Daddy had a baseball practice from 11 - 3 or so.)
It was a beautiful day so we played with sidewalk chalk in the front yard.
Shelby asked me how to spell Mommy.

Then she wanted to spell Megan. Not bad!!! :)

This pink flower is what she made me for mother's day at her school.

Then some inside play...Pillows!!!

I was surprised by a phone call from Mom on Saturday night, working out the details for us to go OUT with them and Aunt Anna would babysit!!!
We had a wonderful dinner at Pappadeaux (Thanks Mom & Dad!!!)
But right before we left, Cole bonked his chin and did this to his tongue:

I was freaking out, this was a DEEP cut. But everyone assured me that there's really nothing you can do for a tongue besides just hold some ice/ wet rag on it and stop the bleeding. Amazingly, it is already sealing back up and he hasn't complained about it once.
When we got home from dinner Aunt Anna was getting ready to go out. I'm glad her babysitting can work in with her social schedule! :)

Happy boy! We had a dance party on our bed.

Sunday Jeff called his mom to try to make plans to hang out, but she said she was doing something with his sister and just wanted to stay at home.
Soo.....
We put up the camper in our backyard for the kids to play (hello trashy neighbors!) and we worked in our backyard and on our patio.
Then we headed to Nonnie and Poppy's for a Jones family cookout.
The boys and Shelby broke in the CHILLY pool for the 2009 season.


Here is why my husband is a redneck.

Aunt Millie was there.

So was Uncle Luke!

Then it was back to work on Monday morning. But we had to do something about that patio we had started on. So we decided our most affordable option at this point was these pavers. Yesterday afternoon and evening we got over half of them laid. Hopefully tonight we'll finish and I'll have a better "after" picture!

No comments:
Post a Comment