Thursday, May 21, 2009

No longer a Sushi Virgin

Last night I had my first SUSHI...and it was GOOD!

Jess taught me all about it, then we shared some
Marry Me Roll
shrimp tempura & ginger cream topped with avocado, tuna & strawberry

and
On the Beach Roll
shrimp tempura & scallions topped with tuna & avocado

I also shared some of Jess's hot sake and it was pretty yummy too!

Thanks Jess and Nikki and Jess for the wonderful dinner!

5 comments:

Millie said...

Did you get some edamame? That's my favorite part about sushi! Well, that and the wine. Where'd you go?

Meg said...

Yes we also had edamame, although I thought it was just "ok"---and yes of course the wine was good!
Piranha's in North Arlington!

House of Brodt said...

Looks yummy! I think I might have to finally bite the bullet and try some sooner or later too!

Misty said...

Welcome to the sushi world! YUM.

Kim said...

Sushi is greatness! I have to say though, that I thought I had "done sushi" at Piranha's as well. The REAL stuff is here in Japan- and it is totally different than in he states. The Japanese don't put all the sauce and crunchy stuff on it- it's literally just the rice and fish- but it is amazing! I can't wait to pop this kid out so I can REALLY enjoy it! But the edemame- it's the same and I LOVE it!