Monday, October 1, 2007

What a weekend!

What a weekend! It was a whirlwind.
Friday: Shelby was still not acting like herself and didn't seem to be feeling well. We just stayed in and I really don't even remember any of the evening. ?? Mommy brain. Oh no, I think it was that bottle of wine I drank! Gewurztraminer = Yummy!
Saturday: Jeff had to work so I was at home with both the kids. Shelby was still fussy but showed no signs of fever or anything physically wrong that we could tell so Nonnie and Poppy took her to Millie's apartment while Bubba and I stayed home so he could nap. He got a great 2 hour nap and I got about 6 loads of laundry done. While at Millie's, Shelby decided that she wanted to "Sleep on Millie's bed" so she crawled up there at 11 (way before her usual nap time) and slept for 3 straight hours. When she woke up asking for ice cream, Millie was happy to oblige. She took her to Braums, where she got her to eat chicken fingers and orange sherbet ice cream. She hadn't eaten much in the past few days so I was glad about that. We were supposed to go out to dinner with some friends while Nonnie and Poppy watched the kids, but since we still weren't sure what was wrong with Shelby, we decided to stay with her instead. GOOD decision! When Daddy got off work, we all got in the car to go pick up some dinner, and Shelby was falling asleep and kept asking us to hold her. Then suddenly massive amounts of vomit came flowing out of her mouth. ALL over her, her carseat, and my car. She was like a fountain of throw up. Poor baby! Jeff pulled over asap and I ran around the car to rescue her from the river of vomit that she was sitting in. Every nook and cranny of that massive carseat was covered in the yuck. We got her and the seat as cleaned up as possible. All we had with us were some dried-out baby wipes, and a towel for her to sit on in the seat for the ride back home. Poor thing! So that evening after one more throw up and 2 baths, Shelby and I slept in the living room. She fell asleep pretty quickly on the living room floor (with a pallet we had made her) so I slept on the couch next to her. She was a little restless but no more pukies during the night.
The next morning, since Shelby seemed to be feeling ok, Jeff went ahead to play baseball. He pitched and hit and they won. He got home around 2 after a morning-full of the kids and I lazing around watching tv and playing on the floor. I was still trying to get Shelby to take it easy and not eat anything that would upset her tummy again. She kept asking for more cereal though, and she had 3 bowls of wheat thins!
The rest of Sunday afternoon consisted of a 3 hour nap by Shelby and mommy, the Cowboys winning, a family trip to Wal-Mart, and no more throwing up!
Coleman wouldn't take an afternoon nap. He doesn't want to miss anything. The boy never stops moving and wants to stand up ALL the time now. He's so grabby and grabs anything he can get his hands on. I wouldn't be surprised if he's an early walker...Maybe he'll be walking by Christmas, that would be fun!
So it was a good weekend. I did literally over 15 loads of laundry (the pukey clothes and towels added a few!) and got to spend LOTS of time with my babies.
Coleman has had a couple little spit ups after eating in the past 2 days, which is abnormal for him, but not enough for me to consider them "throw up" like Shelby's were. Of course he will probably get it but I can hope not! Maybe he's gotten some immunity from Mommy's milk! :)
Oh one more highlight- cleaning up the mess in my car and the carseat. Let's just say that thing is HUGE and has lots of little crevices, all of which were filled with orange puke. And smelly. Since I had given my husband the job of cleaning the car and the seat, I thought that would be done. It was last night that I realized it wasn't. He had thought he could just rinse it all with hot water. Uh, yeah. NO. So we tag-teamed it and scrubbed everything. The straps were so stinky so we even had to take those out and wash them. Finally everything was clean and fresh-smelling and we got to go to bed around midnight. Oh and since my car was a little pukey smelling, we left the windows cracked overnight. This morning we discovered that our new neighbors had flippin' WATERED my car with their sprinkler and Cole's seat was soaked. How rude!
Oh, water. I forgot about this. Amongst everything else, we have a huge round water spot in our hallway coming up from the foundation. It is really wet and is now stinky like mildew. Like we needed something else to deal with. We are hoping that it is covered by the home warranty that we got when we purchased the house. Rescue Rooter is coming out this morning, and Jeff is working from home. Actually I think taking care of this might be the easiest thing we dealt with all weekend. haha
Here's to another week starting, as we work toward another great weekend.

No comments: