Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend wrap-up w/ pics!!

I was wrong. Coleman did nurse all weekend. And he didn't bite at all! Good boy! I had forgotten how hard it would have been to pump and take care of both kids for 2 days by myself. Now, I wasn't alone with them all weekend, but quite a bit of it. It was daddy's fun weekend. He was gone for about 8 hours on Saturday to play golf. No, golf doesn't take that long, but driving to Rockwall in State Fair traffic, playing golf, eating w/ the guys, and driving home from Rockwall does. Then on Sunday he played baseball.
Shelby got herself in trouble a couple of times this weekend. She started "Spanking" Coleman when he was doing something she didn't want him to, like taking her toy. Luckily she SAYS that she's spanking him by saying, "Spank spank spank" while she taps his hand, so even when I wasn't directly in the room I knew she was doing it. They fought like sisters and brothers this weekend. He's starting to fight back :) Coleman is ALL OVER the place and so much fun.
We went to Daddy's baseball game on Sunday morning. He pitched and they won! Yay! The kids were actually really great although they of course required a lot of attention so I didn't get to actually sit and watch much of the game. We took the red 2-seater wagon and Shelby made a little friend named Chimita (his daddy is Chima) who hung around us the entire game. They played with balls and loved it when I pulled them in the wagon. It was quite a workout! Chimita is 3 yrs old and 48 lbs, plus Shelby's 28 lbs, plus Coleman's 22 lbs, equals...well, a workout for me. The bad part is that even though it was cool out, that sun must have been blazing more than I realized because both of my little cuties came home with pink faces. :( I know I've been a mom for 2.5 years but I still don't think about sunscreen every time I should. I am a person who never really burned and never really had to worry about sunscreen so it still skips my mind sometimes! I feel horrible- the little sunburns aren't anything that is horrible, but they definitely got too much sun on their faces. Jeff was plastering cold Aloe Vera gel on their faces all day yesterday. If anyone knows how to treat a sunburn, it's him.
We also went to Nonnie's school carnival on Saturday morning. Shelby came home with Purple and hot orange hair, and Cole's was green. I have no idea how that happened ;)~
Here are a few pictures from our weekend:
Silly Shelby:



A family self-portrait (Friday night after Cole was asleep):



The hair:













And finally, our lego highchair for Dolly. I am the queen of the legos.




Oh and another thing Daddy did all weekend: Scratch. Because of this:



Poison ivy. It's a lot better now. And it should be since he's been taking steroids for 2 weeks to knock it out! We will wear long sleeves along with the gloves next time "we" decide to work in the yard!!!

No comments: