Coleman has had a hard time going to sleep the past few nights. I've had to hold him, rock him, bounce him, rub his back, etc until he's completely asleep. When he's lying in his bed he repeatedly lifts his cute little head up to make sure I'm still standing there by his crib. I think this is the separation anxiety stage beginning.
Anyway, last night I was holding him and bouncing him and I decided I might as well get some exercise while doing this so I started doing squats and lunges. He opened his eyes from his half-sleep and grinned the biggest grin at me, almost a giggle. It's like he was laughing at his mommy who was being so silly as to try and exercise while getting him to sleep. Or maybe he just liked the dropping sensation as I went up and down with him.
It is Wednesday morning and I just walked Shelby to school. She was being a little toot, after insisting on coming to Mommy's office before school which I allowed, she was refusing to obey anything I said and was screaming "No! No!" repeatedly. I quickly packed her up and told her it was time to go. My office is quiet and I'm sure everyone could hear my defiant girl. So I walked her to school, where she refused to give up her bagel she'd been eating on all morning, so the director of the school was going to sit in the hall with her until she finished that huge bagel. Then I left the school to find it's raining. Great. I get to walk back across campus (not really a short walk) in the rain. So now I'm a little wet but ready to relax and start my work day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment