Mondays after work are such a beating for me! I am of course, fine and able with the kids all by myself, but for some reason on the days Jeff has to work late and I am left to cook & feed dinner, then bathe both of them by myself, it is simply crazy. I can't enjoy one second of either of them because I am just running back and forth between them, putting out fires. Coleman has become the biggest piggy ever and SCREAMS at the top of his lungs if he is not stuffing his face. So, he decided to get hungry just as I was about halfway done cooking dinner, so I had to stop and find him something else to eat because he just couldn't wait. He quickly gobbled up the chicken that I gave him so I didn't have much time to do anything else before I was giving him more food. Then dinner was ready and I had to beg Shelby to come to the table and eat. She's not much of a dinner person. When dinner was over, it was Coleman pulling up on drawers that pull out and make him fall, to Shelby nicking her finger on something tiny and demanding a bandaid, to finding 2 little play gems that Shelby had torn off her dress-up shoes IN Coleman's mouth, to "no boy get back here you can't crawl into the bathroom!", to getting Shelby the piece of cake that she was demanding that I had promised her, to Coleman trying to eat my face off because he was apparently hungry again, to "Mommy I have to go poopoo" just as I sit down to feed him. And this was all before the bath. It was a freak show. Now I know why I usually have a little wine buzz from a glass or 2 before Jeff gets off work on these late days! :) A stubborn, "independent"ly needy 2 year old and a mobile 9 month old who NEVER stops moving can really wear a momma out!
Yesterday Coleman's first day at Sunshine House was great. They said he ate EVERY bite of his lunch, which was lasagna, green beens, and garlic bread. Haha! Somehow I doubt he'll be eating the jar foods I took up there for him "just in case." This boy likes food, just like his daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment