Monday, April 6, 2009

Shelby's baggy

I have so many things I want to blog about- but can't find the time (or more precisely, the presence of mind!) to do it.
First off---
Look what I found when I got into my car after a dinner out Thursday night:


It's a bag of WEEDs!!!

I am an obsessive weed puller. When the kids are in the backyard, I am pulling weeds. And I am often frustrated that there are no weeds for me to pull since my dear handsome hubby takes such great care of the lawn. But a couple of weeks ago there were some to pull, and Shelby, who is exactly like her momma, was thrilled to drop everything she was doing outside and pull them with me. Oh, that great feeling of satisfaction that comes along when you pull the entire root system out with the weed---it's magical! Shelby feels it too! She exclaims, "Look mommy! I got the roots!!!"
The next day, she took this love for weeding to school with her, and after picking this big pile while out on the playground, she told her teacher that she needed to take them home to add to Mommy's pile in the backyard. So being the great teacher she is, Ms. Debby got Shelby a little baggy to put her weeds in.
I guess I had forgotten about them in my car until Thursday, when they were uncovered and lying on my front seat. I'm sure glad I didn't get pulled over that night and have to explain why I had a suspicious looking bag of dried weeds in my car to a police man...it might sound a little wacko.

2 comments:

House of Brodt said...

LOL! I love that, so funny! I really get satisfaction from pulling weeds too, don't get me wrong, it's not one of my favorite things to do, but I am totally feeling Shelby's comment about being excited that she *got the roots* because I feel the same joy when I get the roots out too! It's like some sort of validation or something, ha!

Misty said...

Hee hee!