Tonight the kids were dancing in the living room. Shelby said, "Daddy pretend like your name is "French Quarter" and Cole's name is "Southlake."
Talking about what's for dinner in the car: "Mommy, I want to go to the Grapevine Chick-Fil-A"
I have probably mentioned before how we have "debates" about who loves each other more. Shelby's most frequent thing is to say, "I love you how big the Earf [Earth] is." But others times, she says, "I love you how big North Richland Hills is" or "I love you how big our state Texas is."
In the car yesterday, all was quiet and then I hear Shelby out of the blue say.... "SERIOUSLY!?!?!" She's been talking to her babies a lot. As she was feeding her baby some food from her new play kitchen, I overheard her say, "You eat what you get and you don't throw a fit." I made a mental note to re-use that one.
If you haven't already figured it out, car rides are some special quality time in our family! You won't find a dvd player in our cars unless we're on a 4+ hour trip! I truly believe that you can't beat the special time spent **with the kids strapped in!** for some quality conversation!
Every single day when we pick Cole up from school and are pulling out of the parking lot, Shelby says, "Mommy did you get Cole's sheet? What did Cole do today?" and so I read it off and we talk to Cole about what he did all day at music, art, movement, and lunch. And we talk about his word, color, shape, and Spanish word of the week.
Yesterday Shelby and Daddy went on a bike ride/walk together. Shelby had to stop to check her double knots (yes, this is normal for our OCD girl. Double knots in her tennies are one of her particulars!) She finished and looked up and said, "This is a really nice area." Daddy said, "That's what I was just thinking!" and she replied, "I agree."
A frequent thing she says out of the blue: "Mommy are you happy?" Of course I am ALWAYS happy, especially when I'm with her and she's asking that. When I ask her back, she always says that she is "SOOOOsooooo happy." :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hehe yesterday must have been a good day for daddy/daughter bike rides. Jeremy and Kaylin also went on one.
Post a Comment