Monday, April 6, 2009

Destructo- potty talk

Today Jeff had to take the toilet off...again. He is getting really good at doing this- he can do it in less than an hour, off and back on! :)
Our sweet little son, in the past 4 months, has stopped up our toilet THREE times!
The first time, it was a mystery. We didn't know what we were dealing with- we just knew that our toilet had some sort of blockage. Jeff took the toilet off and found a long pointy-end comb stuck within the pipes of the commode.


After we found it, Shelby said she remembered Cole flushing it. We asked her to tell us next time something like that happened.

The second time, I walked into the bathroom as Cole was standing there looking down into a flushing toilet. I asked him what he had flushed, and he said, "Ummmm cup." Sure enough, the toilet was stopped up again. It was a little bathroom Dixie cup. Luckily I was able to plunge that one on through without taking the potty off again.


Now today, the third time, the toilet has been fixed. When the toilet was stopped up this time, we asked the kids if they knew what happened. Shelby said that Cole had flushed the blue BODY PAINT down there. They have this bathtub roll-on body paint, and sure enough, the blue one was missing. When Jeff removed the toilet he found the container lodged in there, just as Shelby had said.
It was one of these:

I can't even believe it went down far enough to get stuck!

Hopefully that is the last time for a while that Jeff will have to remove the kids' bathroom toilet.

3 comments:

House of Brodt said...

Sounds like Cole is way interested in the potty! Hudson is starting to be really interested in flushing the toilet and I fear that he might just flush something down it soon enough. Boys and their toys, ha!

Kim said...

Sounds like it is time to invest in one of those toilet seat locks. I can hardly wait until my day comes...hahaha~

kastelicfam said...

Your blogs crack me up! Totally something that would happen in the Kastelic home. GOTTA LOVE THEM!