Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Nonnie!!! (and Mimi and Nana too!!!)

April is the birthday month of many of my favorite ladies! Shelby's is the 11th of course, we've already covered that!
Today is my mom's birthday! April 22!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NONNIE!!!




My mama is the wonderful mother of 4 kids, and the world's best grandmother "Nonnie" to my 2 children. She is a dedicated 4th grade teacher to kids who REALLY need someone to love them, who live in poverty and without families and sometimes even baths or food! She is their angel for sure!

WE LOVE YOU!!!


April 3 is my Mimi's birthday. Mimi is my dad's mom.

(from Sept '08)

She is an amazing woman, a nurse, who is the mother of 3, grandmother of 13, great-grandmother of 2 (mine!) and incredibly, she was the YOUNGEST of FIFTEEN kids growing up.
Happy Birthday Mimi and I'm sorry I missed it!!

The picture (1980) is of Mimi, my dad, my mom, and sitting holding me is Mimi's mom, Grandma Philpot. Mimi is named Sophia after her mother, who passed away in either 1980 or 1981- I can't remember but know it was soon after I was born. She made it to meet and hold her youngest child's first grandbaby! :)

Lastly, my mom's mom (NANA!) has a birthday on April 26th.

(From Nov '08)

Nana is the mother of 4, grandmother of 10, and great-grandmother of 5 (Shelby, McKenzie, Coleman, Cooper, and Cameron) with another one (Ava Mae) on the way! She is also a grandma to her husband Garland's grandkids, 3 of them, and 3 great-grandkids on that side!


This pictures is my mom and her mom (Nana), and that is Nana's mom, Grannie Artie holding me!

I feel a special bond with my grandmothers since my dad reminds me often that I didn't have a chance of being a soft-spoken quiet lady. The strong and out-spoken, opinionated women seem to run in the family! :) LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments: