Friday, January 29, 2010

DVSP: The Blue Trail

DSC_0626

The hike we took went halfway around the state park.  It was about 1.5 hours and close to 1.5 miles.  I was proud of Shelbs for hanging in there and enjoying it!  Cole spent lots of time on Daddy’s shoulders :)

To get started we had to cross the river- it wasn’t impossible but was a bit difficult.

 DSC_0577

Jeff carried Shelby over then went back for Cole.

(Say hi to Poppy in the background!)

DSC_0578

Our hero!

DSC_0579

Across the river is one of the dino track sites.  Here’s the only good picture I got:

DSC_0582

The kids had no problem with getting wet or dirty!

 DSC_0585

Then, we started up the mountain…

DSC_0588

DSC_0597

 DSC_0598

DSC_0602

 DSC_0605

DSC_0609

 DSC_0615

 DSC_0624

She’s probably telling Daddy how to do something! :)  Look at those hands on hips!

  DSC_0627

 DSC_0632

Mary LOVED it!  She led the way most of the time.

DSC_0636

Finally at the part of the trail where the map said we could cross back over the river…scared me a little.

It really doesn’t look that bad in this picture but we had to start over where that man is in the back, and that first curve before you got to the big rocks was kind of deep and slippery (you had to balance on rocks.)  Jeff took Shelby, then took Cole, and I took my shoes & socks off and rolled my pants up to cross.  It wasn’t possible to do it without fully submerging your shoe and I prefer DRY feet!

But we did it! DSC_0646

DSC_0642

Still smiling kids after the hike!

DSC_0644

DSC_0651

Back in time to see the sun set.  What a great adventure!

DSC_0654

2 comments:

Misty said...

What an adventurous family! I love the pic of Shelby and Cole holding hands on the hike. Isn't sibling love the cutest?!

I can't even imagine hiking that long with 2 small children. My husband can never read your blog. He would be really jealous of your camping/hiking adventures. :)

Misti said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I only went to that park once growing up but now I want to go again!