Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cole’s 3rd birthday party!

All we could get out of Coleman when we asked what kind of birthday party he wanted was “HELICOPTER PARTY!”  I searched, they don’t make “helicopter” party supplies that I could find…so I thought of doing camo, because I had seen cute camo parties and invitations on the internet before.  I also knew we weren’t going to have it at home this time…just too much work!  At Chuck E Cheese here in NRH, there is a “helicopter” ride that is Cole’s favorite.  So that was it.  A Camo/helicopter birthday at Chuck E Cheese.

This is the invitation I saw years ago and saved on my computer…

camobirthday 

(Melanie, is it similar to the one you did for Brady??)

So here’s the invitation that I came up with.

colebday

Never mind the fact that the only people who actually GOT the printed invitation were his friends at school.  I couldn’t be bothered to make it to the post office, apparently!

So Saturday morning we put on our Camouflage and were off.  Easiest party prep ever (I did make cookies and cupcakes…that’s it!!!)  Cole wasn’t wanting to take any pictures at home.  Of course, Shelby is always ready for pictures.

DSC_0184

DSC_0185 DSC_0189

DSC_0195

Once at Chuck E. Cheese, when Cole disappeared, we could always find him by Chuck E.!

DSC_0207 DSC_0210

DSC_0208 

 DSC_0214

DSC_0218

 DSC_0220 DSC_0221 

Here is the famous Chuck E. Cheese “helicopter”

 DSC_0236

But this time, his favorite ride was the big truck thingy.

 DSC_0222DSC_0238

DSC_0241

He also enjoyed the horse, which is always Shelby’s favorite ride.

DSC_0243

Can you tell he was having fun?  :)

Mommy and Daddy in our camo---can you find us??

DSC_0240 

Matthew and Shelby, and Jeff and Aunt Jen

DSC_0259DSC_0261

Hi Joe!

 DSC_0250   DSC_0263

A moment of solitude.

DSC_0264

During the celebration time, Chuck E. put his birthday crown on him, and a birthday star medal.

 DSC_0265 DSC_0274

Cole blew out his candle on the first try.

DSC_0270

Then I caught Cole and Jackson talking about how loud the music was.

  DSC_0278

A great time was had by ALL!

DSC_0281 DSC_0287

DSC_0293

DSC_0284  DSC_0300DSC_0291

We kept the party small because of the COST of a party out like this, but it was perfect!  Our hostess was amazing (her only job was OUR party while we were there) and it was so stress-free for me.  We returned home to a house just the way we had left it (disregard the fact that it was already a mess!)  I highly recommend and can’t wait to plan Shelby’s 5th.  I’m thinking skating rink!  :)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Yay! That was my friend's invitation. I posted it because I thought that it was so darn cute! I think you are the third person to use it. So glad it was helpful!

MELANIE said...

That's the one!! Yours turned out SOOOO cute!! The helicopter and cute picture were so cute. :) Simply adorable. Happy birthday to Coleman!!