Friday, January 15, 2010

This week

It’s been cold this week. Every day, Shelby whines about wearing long sleeves and “long pants.” She is our little HOT natured girl. She prefers shorts and short sleeves even in the coldest of weather. When it was in the teens last week, girl wouldn’t put a coat on. “BUT I’m NOT cold Mommy!!!!”

Of course, I win the battle and she wears weather-appropriate clothes to school. Then we get home and she disappears to her room for a wardrobe change.

DSC_0115

Ahhh, freedom!

DSC_0116

DSC_0124

DSC_0172 DSC_0167

And I wonder why I can’t keep up with laundry!

DSC_0171

(It’s worth it.)

This one is after I made her put a shirt over her sundress, and boots on to go to Nonnie's house on the ICE day.


Cole, on the other hand, has different wardrobe changes. He transforms himself into DARTH VADER!

DSC_0135DSC_0141

DSC_0139

He’s got the breathing down and says, “Luke, I am your Fadder.”

We were able to get out and do some walking and bike riding this week. I am sure we are a sight to be seen on our walks. We start out with Jeff or me walking Mary, Shelby has Rusty and Coleman has Roxxy. Luckily they can control the 8 pound dogs on a leash. Then by the end Cole is begging to be carried and I am always carrying Roxxy because the poor blind thing gets tired and refuses to walk anymore. Shelby never stops running and we are constantly telling her to get out of the middle of the street. (Luckily, our neighborhood is very quiet with few cars driving by when we go on walks.) It’s quite an adventure! :)

DSC_0144

This weekend: Someone has a Camo birthday party coming up!

DSC_0178 DSC_0176

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Those cookies are the coolest thing I have EVER seen! Very creative.

MELANIE said...

Just have to say how cute your kids are--I enjoy keeping up with your adorable family. Also have to say I wish I'd known how to make camo cookies when my little boy turned 3! Totally stole Cheryl's friend's idea and we had birthday bootcamp--did you see the wording for that invitation?!?! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Misty said...

Adorable kiddos, as always! Shelby is looking more and more like a big girl! Tell her to stop getting older! :)

I LOVE the cookes! I need the recipe!

amandanbo said...

oh my gosh! she is uh-dorable!!! {my mom says i was just like that, changing clothes a crazy amount every day!} the cookies look delicious! very cool!

Misti said...

Camo cupcakes(cookies?)--that is awesome!