Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The things kids do...

Our little Shelby likes to be in charge, and she is becoming sneaky too, to try to get around obeying. At school just this morning her teachers were saying what a great helper she is, and that there is nothing she won't do for them when asked. This is good- but the bad part of it is that she thinks she's in charge and she likes it! Lately Cole has taken up the nasty habit of yelling "SHUT UP!" when he's mad. My current mode of dealing with it is to usually ignore it, because he is most definitely trying to get a reaction by saying it. So this morning, he was about to be allowed a donut but told Shelby to shut up for some reason. A minute later, she walked up to him and said, "I need to tell you a secret Coleman" as she sneakily eyed me, standing right there. Since she's not very great at whispering yet, I heard her lean into his ear and say, "You don't get a donut now because you said shut up." I guess she knows that I won't allow her to parent/discipline him so she will just attempt to do it in secret.

Every time Cole goes to the bathroom, he tells anyone who is near him, "I need privacy." He won't allow anyone in the bathroom with him when he takes care of his business!

Coleman has been fighting bedtime a bit lately and has slept on the rug in his room (on the tile floor) for 2 nights this week. I remember going through the same phase with Shelby!

Shelby has been very into dressing like Mommy lately. Yesterday we dressed in the same dark purple shirt, jeans, and both had a scarf on. She also matches my pajamas, and last night she put on her pajamas first and then told me what to wear (blue tshirt and shorts!) Then, she told me she wanted piggy tails in her hair for school, and she wanted me to wear piggy tails too. She didn't understand why I said I can't wear piggy tails to work!

Coleman spits every time he walks outside. He also tries to spit inside but gets into trouble for that.

We say our prayers nightly in Shelby's bed, but she always wants to say some stuff first before we say the "Now I lay me down to sleep..." Every single night she starts of with "Thank you God for our doggies..." Then later, after she's thanked Him for our house and other stuff, she then thanks Him for each dog by name "...and thank you for Rusty and Roxxy and Mary." She usually finishes up with "and please help us to make good choices." but 2 nights ago, instead of that, she said, "Please help Mommy and Daddy to make good choices." AMEN!!! :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love reading about the cute and funny things your kids say and do. They are SO adorable!