I found this on a message board (for military significant others) with my search.
Copy and pasting:
=====================================================
All we did was buy sugar cookie mix.
You can obviously use your own cookie recipe, you want light cookies, easier to color.

Mix up the batter...
and separate it into 4 bowls.

Colors
Dk Brown:
Equal parts of Green, Red, and Yellow. About 1/4 as much Blue.
Lt Brown/Grey:
Equal parts Red and Yellow. 1/2 as much Green.
Green:
Green and 1/2 as much Red to make it darker/Olive.
Tan:
Just plain old sugar cookie mix!
We used gel food coloring.

Grab one of each color and roll them up into balls! We tried stacking them up, one color on top of each other, but it seemed to work better when we rolled them into balls.

Let bake and TA-DA!


============================================
I followed their mix for the colors the first go round, but it didn't work as well as the next batch when I just played around with it myself. The hardest part was stirring that color into thick sticky cookie dough! I did 2 bags of cookie mix and it made about 48 cookies.
Very easy and cute, and yes, the cookies in a bag tasted GOOD! :)

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! So cute!!
Post a Comment