Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Welcome Ruby Hamster!

Sunday Jeff played golf.  After nap the kids and I needed to get out of the house so we set off looking for a place to get Cole’s hair cut.  After we did that, I ended up accidentally driving through a shopping center and noticed PetCo, and remembered that they had our dog food on sale, so I decided to stop.  The kids love to wander around PetCo and see all the fish, critters, and birds.  We ended up at the checkout stand with a 40 pound bag of dog food, a hamster, and a “My first hamster” set-up kit.

Shelby has been asking for a hamster for a while but I have been saying no- then I saw THIS hamster.  She wasn’t sleeping like the rest of them, or eating.  She was running around and stopping to look at us.  We could tell she had tons of personality, and she had to be ours.

Say hello to Ruby-doo:

DSC_0686

She likes to climb

DSC_0687

And the kids LOVE to watch her.

DSC_0689

We also got her one of those balls to walk around the house for exercise and she LOVES that.  She will go for a long time just circling the kitchen and exploring everything.  (The dogs even leave her alone.)

2 comments:

Susan said...

I cannot believe that you got a hamster! HA!

MELANIE said...

She's actually quite cute! My kids haven't asked yet for a little critter pet yet...