Friday, February 5, 2010

Coleman’s three year checkup

DSC_0697

Yesterday Cole had his 3 year checkup.  I wanted to document it on here, though there is nothing to report except perfect, blessed, normal health!

Height: 38.5 inches  (75th percentile)

Weight: 35 lb 6 oz (80th percentile)

The percentiles surprise me because he is SO skinny and tall right now, so I thought his height percentile would be higher than his weight.  Maybe ALL boys are tall and skinny at this stage ;)

The doctor asked all the “is your child on track” questions and she was very impressed (as was I) about how well he behaved.  He sat in my lap and let her do whatever she needed to do.  He stood up for her, bent over for her to look at his back, and even stood on 1 foot for her.  The only developmental question I wasn’t a positive YES on was if he could draw a circle, since he rarely shows any interest in drawing at this point.  So she had him do it on her chart- and sure enough, he drew a little circle.  So I guess that means he passes being 3 years old! :)

He got his second Hep A shot.  We could have waited until age 4 but they have to get FOUR shots at 4 so I decided to keep it at 4 and get this one over with.  He layed there for the nurse, held my hands, and didn’t even cry.  He winced and said, “Ow!  What was that?!?”  Haha.  The nurse said that makes her job easy!

DSC_0662DSC_0663

Cole’s about as perfect as can be…now if we could just get him to stop jumping off countertops, throwing objects into everyone’s drinks, and breaking everything he comes into contact with…  :)

DSC_0560  

…on second thought, that day will come, too quickly, I’m sure.  For now, we will embrace our little Destructo and know that he is our three year old who is normal and happy!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

He's the same height as Jonathan but Cole weighs exactly 5 lbs more, Jonathan was 30 lbs 6 oz at his. If it's not a boy thing, our boys must take after their daddies!