Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Let's go Rangers!!

Last Friday night we got to see our Rangers beat the LA Dodgers!
Before the game we went to Sherlocks and sat on the patio to have some dinner...Millie and Luke were there, and Daddy and Adam met us there too.
As we were eating, the sky was looking so ominous. I was watching the radar on my phone and was convinced that the game would be a bust, especially after what happened just 2 days before (game completely canceled b/c of a huge storm that destructively blew threw the metroplex)

Just as Millie and I had decided to take the kids and go home while the guys "braved" the game, the Sherlocks "Bus to the Ballpark" pulled up and I had a change of heart. We all climbed aboard, and I kept saying, "This is such a stupid decision." I just knew I was going to be stuck out there with 2 kids in a tornado downpour... I'm such a glass half full type don't ya think?!

On the shuttle Shelby met another Shelby, who was my age and she was a drunk Shelby. And my Shelby turned around in her seat and rambled on to her about Baby Joey's birthday and how he turned 2.

Our first stop was the bathroom, where Shelby took my camera from me and told me to show my ticket and smile. Not bad, eh? hahahaha (Disclaimer- I was not actually sitting on the toilet for this picture)



Cole wore his Ranger's hat proudly, and he rocks it!



Daddy and Sissy look a little hot. I'm afraid she got her daddy's sweat glands.





During the first inning we were there, Cole sat w/ Millie and Luke, but then they moved into those empty seats next to us!



Here I am still checking the radar. The sky was so scary looking.


But the clouds just went right past the ballpark. It stayed just west of us and moved on south. We were able to enjoy the entire game and then even stayed for the fireworks afterwards. They were wonderful!!
Back at Sherlock's to get in our cars, the kids found this little guy.


Cole fell fast asleep in his carseat before we were out of the parking lot.
The rest of us were quick to follow as soon as we set foot in the door.

The next morning Aunt Millie and Uncle Lukas babysat for me while I ran an errand.
Thanks Guys!!!


Later Saturday Shelby and I got to take our first trip to NRH2O. No pictures from that but look at this pink little face.





Apparently reapplying 50 SPF sunscreen every hour isn't quite enough! But the next day all the pink was gone.


And this is one of my favorite things...2 smiling kiddos lovin on each other in my bed!!!

1 comment:

Jessatsea said...

love the new look! :) looks like you guys had a great time, even if it was the RANGERS. ;)