Monday, June 1, 2009

The champagne fountain

Saturday morning I had an early baby shower that I was helping host. It was over an hour drive, into Plano. We west side girls decided to carpool. We also decided that we should pull out one of the bottles of champagne...you know, just to make sure it tasted ok before we poured it into the mimosas for all the shower guests. It was a long drive after all... ;)

We were on the highway. I was in the backseat. I unwrapped the foil from the top of the bottle. I untwisted the little wire thing that helps hold the cork in. Then pop! The freaking cork exploded off and a fountain of champagne poured out ALL OVER ME and my skirt (and Susan's backseat!) Half the bottle was gone and ALL over me.
Susan had to pull over on the highway, and then 3 of us were out on the side of the road trying to clean me and the car up with baby wipes (no we didn't have any napkins or towels!) Then Susan laid out some disposable changing pads for me to sit on. I took off my skirt and spent the rest of the ride to the shower in my panties and shirt, holding my skirt up to the vent trying to "help" it dry.
I threatened Jess and Susan with their lives if they tried to take a picture of me OR tell anyone at the shower about it! :)

So that was THE funny story from Saturday morning. Surprisingly my skirt dried in time AND didn't smell at all. I was lucky I was wearing that exact skirt b/c it was black and was the perfect material to have a spill on!

After that, the shower went off without a hitch. It was beautiful and fun and Jess got some great loot- that baby Harper is going to be the best-dressed baby out there!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I SO needed to know this story at my shower...too funny!

House of Brodt said...

That is SO hilarious! I can just imagine how funny that must of been and can't believe you rode all the way to the shower in your undies, ha!