Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shelbyisms and a prayer request

The other night Shelby said to Nonnie:
S: "Nonnie, you're too much for me and Bubby!"
N: "What does that mean?"
S: "You're frustrated!"

Earlier tonight as I was showing Jeff something at the house that was surprising to me, as we're discussing, I said to Jeff, "Can you believe that??" and Shelby chimes in, "I'm shocked!"

Some regular phrases from Shelby when she gets mad (always accompanied by a dramatic storming off):
I'm so mad at you!!!
I'm just done here!!!!
I'm just not gonna play with you ANY more!!!!


As I am sitting here writing I am doing the "super nanny" bedtime thing with Cole. You know-- When they get up, put them straight back into bed, no talking to them, etc. It's so funny because as soon as he sees us, he turns around and heads back to bed. It's just like a game (funny yet oh so frustrating!) What happened to my little boy who slept so well???

Tonight I also want to ask for thoughts and prayers. I am going to take Cole to the doctor tomorrow. This is about the 3rd or 4th time we've gone through a period of major bottom/diaper issues with him and I fear it might be something more, like something intestinal. Maybe more details will follow later...I'll keep you updated but we would sure appreciate some prayers!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Let me know how Cole's appt goes. Prayers that it goes well.

Misty said...

Prays for Cole. Keep us all posted.

And Shelby is as cute as ever.

Jessatsea said...

praying that it goes well.

Amy said...

praying for the poor kiddo. That's not fun at all.

House of Brodt said...

Prayers sent your way! Hope that everything went well with Cole's appt.