Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The tummy funk with some Shelbyisms

It's definitely going around the community here! I was in bed all weekend with tummy funk and now Jeff is feeling a little iffy. Several of the kids in Shelby's class have had it. Yesterday after school, she threw up. She was such a good thrower upper though! She told us with enough time for Jeff to run her to the potty, and she got it all in the potty, didn't cry, then let me wipe her up, rinse out her mouth, and brush her teeth, then she was fine the rest of the night. But she did try to "milk it." After several hours and a full-length movie, she was fine to play with the dogs and run around, but when Mommy asked her to put her clothes in her drawer, her answer was, "No mommy, I need to take it easy because I'm sick." Then we found her in the kitchen holding a can of diet cherry 7-up. She told her daddy, "Daddy, I need to drink this cause I'm throw upping." This girl!!!!

This morning I asked her not to kick my coffee which was sitting in front of her in the car. So, she lifts her foot up and almost touches it. I glared at her, "I said not to kick it." "I'm not Mommy, I just wanted to lift my foot up a little bit." Always an excuse. And I sooooo remember doing the same thing when I was little and my parents getting fed up with it too. Now I understand!!! PAYBACK, right Mom and Dad??? :)

Luckily Shelby was fine the rest of the night and this morning. I hope it was just a one-time thing for her, just like it was for Cole a week ago. If they felt like I did all weekend I would die!!! It was awful.

Lately I've really enjoyed chatting with Jeffie before we fall asleep. A couple nights ago we both started cracking up when he said, "I used to be a liberal, I didn't know what it meant. I thought liberal meant you smoked pot." Nice, Jeff!!! (note: this is not a confession of guilt.)
He got his cast yesterday. Pictures to come of that!!!


No comments: