Thursday, January 20, 2011

New Years 2011 Eve

To ring in 2011, we headed out to Dallas to our good friends, the Solokolovic’s, house.  It was a perfectly low-key, relaxing, fun evening with lots of great conversation and laughs.  We had games to play but never even got around to playing them! 

The Sokolovics always have a GREAT spread of food, a wonderful big house with LOTS of room for kid play, and great company, so we head over there whenever we know of a party going on ;)  I should have taken pictures of the food---there were fresh pitas, homemade french onion soup, Greek salad, and this amazing slow-cooked, marinated steak with dips galore.  (GYROS anyone?!)  I still dream about them!!  They even reserved one of their bedrooms just for us to stay overnight.  Who wants to be out driving on the highways in NYE?  Not I!

Like Jeff and Coleman, Ben and his son Luke (“Luke I am your father”) love Star Wars.

Luke is just a couple of months older than Coleman.  When Coleman heard where we were going, he had to put on his clone trooper costume because he knew Luke has one.  Within minutes of us getting there, Luke had his own clone trooper costume on too.  I tried to get them to look at me for a picture but Coleman told me, “No Mom we’re watching Star Wars!!”

 DSCF1819

There were light saber battles.

DSCF1812

DSCF1814 

There was plenty of silliness.

DSCF1820 

And a lot of really (REALLY) cute kids

 nye kids
(if I may say so myself!)

When we arrived, Venesa told us what Ben had omitted to tell Jeff, claiming that one man just can’t say this to another man on the phone--- “Wear your pajamas to my house.”  :)  It was a pajama party!  Within an hour even Jeff and I had our pajamas on.  That’s my kind of party!

 DSCF1829

I went to bed around 2 because Shelby kept waking up with nightmares, and at that point the men headed out to the park across the street for some frisbee.  Yes, wee-morning-hour-in-the-dark-in-their-pajamas-in-30-degree-weather, frisbee.  They played for a FEW hours, and each of them woke up the next morning either limping or holding somewhere on their body that was sore.  Boys will be boys! :)

DSCF1822

Disclaimer: this was during a light saber battle in which he was knocked out…he didn’t actually pass out on the floor that night :)

 

Thanks Sokolovics and Sanders and everyone else for a simply lovely evening!!!

No comments: