Well here’s my nerdy 10K training spreadsheet.
I picked this program off a website (Hal Higdon’s), and it says 10K Training: Novice. It seems like a lot though, so we will see. There’s only 1 rest day, but Sundays with just strength and stretching are also pretty restful. Luckily at this point my kids LOVE to go to the gym and beg me daily, so it is becoming part of our routine: Pick Cole up at 4:00 or a little before and head to the gym, then home to cook dinner (gym childcare opens at 4, otherwise I would love to go at 2:30 after I pick Shelby up.)
Since running the 5K in November, I haven’t been following a program and over the holidays of course sloughed off a lot. My goal will be to run as much as I can of the 10k (all of it, or is that too lofty?) but as you can see from yesterday, I am currently doing intervals just to get to 2.5 miles.
I’m going to try to update weekly. I need to track weight too, because my jeans are tight again after the holidays.
Good luck to me!!! :)

3 comments:
Good for you! I'm just getting back into running myself. I crossed the half finish line 3 years ago and haven't run a step since. EEEK! Now i'm off to copy your running log. What 10k are you training for??
Are you running the Cowtown?! We're signing up for it, too!
Good luck! Let me know wheich 10K you do and maybe I will do it with you.
Post a Comment