Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tap & Ballet Queen

Since Shelby whined about going to dance a couple of times, I started questioning whether we should keep her in there.  At the end of the class, we owed $55 for the recital costume and $120 for the spring classes (Recital is in May!)  So I wasn’t going to drop a large chunk of change for something she wasn’t going to enjoy or be passionate about.
Well, on the last class day, the girls showed off what they have learned for the parents.  For 45 minutes, I watched Shelby follow every step perfectly and help lead the class in their routines.  She is probably the oldest one in the class…I think there are a couple other 5 year olds…the class is for ages 3-5.  I would say there are maybe 3 3-yr-olds (who pay NO attention to the teacher or the moves, haha!) and the rest are 4 yr olds.
Anyway, I was extremely impressed at my baby girl’s moves!  I have never ever had a dancing bone in my body (or cheering or anything of the like!) so I was shocked watching her smile and do the moves and ENJOY it! 
We didn’t plan ahead and Daddy had the camera that can take videos in his car at work that day, so I could only take still pictures.  And I took a lot!  Daddy was very sorry to miss it so I wanted to make sure he saw just how great she was!  I was clicking away, and every time I would put the camera down, Shelby would whisper/scream “MOMMY!” and put her hands up like they were clicking a camera shutter, and say, “TAKE PICTURES.”  It was hilarious but I tried not to laugh and tell her to watch the teacher and not pay attention to me.  The girl was 100% performing for me and my camera that day.  I’m not sure she noticed any of the other kids or parents!
ballerina pink
The pictures have ugly backgrounds and as usual, I don’t have time to do any editing!  But this girl’s got the moves :)
This is for you, Daddy!

 DSC_3471 DSC_3472 DSC_3475 DSC_3477
DSC_3478 DSC_3480 DSC_3482 DSC_3486
DSC_3483 
DSC_3487 DSC_3488 DSC_3489
DSC_3490 DSC_3491
DSC_3498  DSC_3502 DSC_3503
DSC_3500DSC_3509DSC_3505

DSC_3504   DSC_3512DSC_3521 DSC_3520 
And then it was on to ballet…
DSC_3523 DSC_3524 DSC_3526 DSC_3529
 DSC_3530 DSC_3535 DSC_3536
As they fluttered across the room, Shelby stopped every time to pose for me…if I didn’t have the camera up, she whispered for me to get it. 
 DSC_3537    DSC_3538
This dance class is at our city REC center, and it is taught by the same woman who taught me and my sisters, many years ago.  She is great with the kids!
So of course, $175 later, we will watch our girl in a Spring Recital! :)

No comments: