This morning Coleman called me from the truck on the way to school. I love answering the phone and hearing his little voice whisper, "Hi mommy."
We talked for a minute and I told him "I want Miss Bree to tell me you had a great day today, ok?" "OK Mommy. I won't say weiner a lot again."
(Obviously we had an issue earlier this week with him exploring the use of one of his 'private' words at school!)
Then, I talked to Shelby. I asked her if they were close to school yet. She said, "Um, I think we're taking the long cut."
It's so awesome and funny to see her learn all these different phrases. Last week she kept telling people (at appropriate times I might add!) "That's the oldest trick in the book!" When we were on our hike and came upon the lake after not seeing water for a long time, she yelled, "There's the water! LAND HO!"
This morning also on the phone, I told her that tomorrow was the day we are going to have pancakes with Santa. She said, "I think I know just the thing to wear." and then went on to tell me about a fancey dress she wants to wear,
S: "...and I want to wear high heels too."
M: "I don't know baby, it's gonna be cold in the morning"
S: "Mommy, Trust me! I can wear socks with them."
Ok baby, I trust you.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love reading all of the funny/cute things that your kids say. Thanks for sharing!
How funny!
Post a Comment