Friday, January 30, 2009

Our wintry week

We spent a lot of time in the house this week. Tuesday and Wednesday the schools were closed for ice- we had about a half inch of ice covering the roads...not real safe to drive on. So we stayed inside. Hello cabin fever and OVEReating Mommy! The kids love staying in the house and hanging out. Me, I wish I was getting SOMETHING accomplished. I have a hard time just sitting around and playing after a certain number of HOURS.
Sissy enjoying some downtime with her doggies:


Sissy and Daddy, so happy


Tuesday night I made a 3-bean chili that Chris shared.
I guess mine ended up being 4 bean chili since I added green beans to the recipe! It has garbanzo, kidney and black beans along with onions, green peppers, and tomatoes. This stuff was GOOD.


The kids both scraped their bowls clean and had seconds. That is RARE!




I got to enjoy the fire with the sleet falling on the windows while cuddled up under my quilt (the first present Jeff ever got me!) and a book


A picture of the ice-covered road Wednesday morning:


Our backyard:


Bundling up to go outside (which didn't last long!)


I love it when I can compare old pictures to new ones. This is Shelby on Wednesday, and Shelby in December 2006.

No comments: