...and this morning he made sure to ring in the terrible 2's in the most appropriate way... By crying and whining non-stop!!! It's like he's saying, "Yes Mom, get ready." Or maybe he's as sad as I am that he's ALREADY 2. ??? It all started when Shelby went in to WAKE him up (without my permission of course.) I just hear him crying and she runs out saying, "Mom, Cole won't get up!" Well maybe that's because he wasn't ready to be woken up! Arrrgh! Then it was the worst battle so far to get him dressed. He usually is a breeze to get ready in the morning. Not today!!! Full out screaming and kicking as I tried to change his diaper and put his jeans on. He LOVES Diego and I got him a birthday shirt that says Cole with a big 2 on it, and Diego on it. I just knew that would cheer him up. Instead, when I show him the shirt, he says, "No Diego mommy! Want ELMO WORLD!!!" Hahaha. He could not be pleased.
The crying continued until Nonnie called. She sang happy birthday to him on speaker phone, and then Aunt Anna got on and wished him happy birthday. This all made him stop crying, and Anna even got a "I luh you" outta him. When we hung up, Cole said, "'gain Mommy, 'gain." (Again) I told him we could call daddy, and he whined, "No, Nonnnnnnnnnnieeeeeeee! Want Nonnnnnnnieeeeeee." He is a Nonnie's boy for sure. But things were definitely better after the phone call.
Last night I made fruity rice crispy treats to take for his class today. He insisted on carrying them in (in a huge cake holder) to his school and he was so proud and looked so big! I hope he has a good day today at school! I will be thinking about him all day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Happy Birthday Baby Cole! (As Ashlyn likes to call him)
Happy Birthday Coleman, I luy you!!!
Aunt Anna
Happy Birthday Cole!! Take it easy on your mom, okay?
Happy Birthday, Cole! Forget the terrible twos, how about terrific twos!
Happy Birthday Coleman! Where's his pic mama!
Happy birthday Cole!!! Hope he had a great day!
Post a Comment