Friday, January 9, 2009

5 Five Cinco

Wow. 5 years!
In many ways, this time of holy matrimony has just flown by---5 years? Really?
In others, (like the fact that we have grown, birthed, and started raising 2 kids) it has been quite a long and adventurous 5 years.
In the big scheme of things, 5 years is nothing...I mean, wait till 50 years, THEN WE'LL BE CELEBRATING. Heck yeah. Woo.

I am so blessed and happy that I can go to bed every night knowing that my husband is my best friend, and that I love him more now than I did yesterday. Yeah it's sappy and a cliche but it's true. I firmly believe that the absolute best thing a mommy can do for her kids is to love their daddy, and vice versa. That has been and will continue to be my commitment to my husband and my kids.

Jeff and I are both completely enjoying this time and partnership in raising our children, and we also love to look to the future when we will be traveling together and becoming grandparents together and mall-walking together and someday even pushing each other around in wheel chairs (will probably be easier than the freakin double strollers!!!)
So, in conclusion...5 years ain't no thang but we'll celebrate it anyway!

Cheers to FIVE years!!!

4 comments:

Amanda Hopper said...

Congrats Meg! Happy Anniversary! Have fun on your trip!

Aunt Jan said...

Oh Meg....funny it seems so long ago now, but, when I read what you say, I can remember like it was yesterday, feeling just like that at five years. Ya know what's the greatest? That , going on year 19,I love Dane more every day, month, and year we are together. It never ends! The old cliche "love grows" is indeed true! I so love that you are happy, but be happiest knowing there is so much more to come!! XOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOX AJ

Misti said...

Congratulations Megan! We're coming up on 7 this June! Time sure does fly. It seems like ages ago and yet it seems like yesterday. :) Enjoy the next 45!

www.oceanicwilderness.com

Cheryl said...

Happy Anniversary. Five years is a great accomplishment.