Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Things to remember.

A couple other things I want to get down (to document.) Coleman started pointing on Dec. 1st. He was mimicking sissy, as they were sitting side-by-side in the stroller at the FW Botanic gardens. I looked over and she was pointing at a waterfall, and he put his hand up and pointed at it too, and they were both looking at it. So cute! Since then, he's pointing at all kinds of things all the time. He points at people and dogs (as he says "Daw") and sometimes he just points at nothing. We've still got a couple of years before I have to teach him that it's rude to point.

A couple of nights ago the kids had their first night of roughhousing. Shelby was literally rolling Coleman tummy-to-back completely across the length of the living room, and she was being pretty rough, and he was just cracking up. He was pulling her hair and tackling her and she was laughing too. They were having such a grand ol time and I felt so OLD when I kept thinking, "It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt." So THAT'S what they meant when they said that! Fortunately, it was just all fun and games that night. I'm sure we'll have plenty of bumps and bruises that these 2 inflict on each other in coming months/years.

One more thing: The other day I asked Shelby what she wanted to be when she grew up (the first time she's been asked this) and her answer was "a doctor." So let it be documented for when she becomes a world renowned brain surgeon that the dreams started when she was a mere 2 years old. :) hahaha

No comments: