Shelby is such a little mommy. This morning, she and I were up on my bed and Coleman was on the floor. She watched him pick up a tag (trash) off the floor and start to play with it and put it in his mouth. She said, "Oh no Mommy, Coleman gots something!" She quickly jumped down and took it away from him, sternly saying, "No no bubby!" and then started walking out of the room. I asked where she was going and she turned around, held up the tag, and said, "I'm going to put this in the trash in the kitchen so brother doesn't eat it anymore, Mommy." (Like, duh mom, what do you think I'm doing?!?!)
Coleman is starting to get really brave with standing and walking. I bet his first steps aren't too far away. He is letting go while he's standing lately so it could be any moment that he moves those feet forward without holding on to anything. We had his consultation with the surgeon last week and I am hoping to call the office today to schedule the surgery. It is basically hernia surgery, they are going to cut into both sides of his pelvic area. Right now the hydrocele is only on his left side but the surgeon said there's a 60% chance that there's also one on his right side so they always open up and look. If it needs fixed, they fix it, if not, they just close it back up. He also had a little belly button issue that they're going to fix since he'll be in there anyway. He had a major outtie when he was born but it went in and looked normal for a long time. Then last week, it started poking out some again so we mentioned it to the surgeon. He felt around and said that there's some piece of belly button in there that should have fallen off but didn't, or something like that. It caused his belly button to not properly stick in and stay. It was so crazy when he was feeling around, he just put his finger in there and pulled Cole's belly button out like a little tongue! It was like an inch long! So he said it's not a big deal, but could cause hernia sometime down the road (in 50 years) and mostly would just be weird b/c it looks like this long big outtie belly button. So, we are going to opt to fix that since he'll be in surgery anyway. It's probably not something we would fix if he wasn't already having surgery but it is a very simple thing since he'll be out anyway. The dr. said they cut a little smile under the belly button, and he'll remove the little piece that's left over, and then tuck in the belly button properly and reclose it. I'm sure Cole will thank us for not having an embarrassing belly button his whole life! :) So anyway, 3 little cuts, 45 minute surgery, outpatient, he'll be good as new in a day or 2. The doc said you can't even try to hold him down- he'll be up and around the next day like nothing happened, so that's nice! We really liked the doctor so I feel okay about having this done. Baby boy will be just fine!!!
Another thing has been going on with Coleman too. We think he might be allergic to milk. We gave him some a few days ago and I don't think he actually drank any of it, but got it all over his belly while "playing" with it. He wasn't wearing a shirt and his belly got all red and bumpy. Then on Sunday he actually drank some milk and Sunday night he had the most awful painful looking diaper rash that was blistered. I have talked to some friends who have experienced this and read that it can get worse with exposure so I am going to try to hold off on dairy a little bit for a while, and talk to his doctor. He's been fine up until now, but I really don't eat a high dairy diet. I don't drink milk at all. I hope it's something that was either a fluke or that he grows out of quickly!
PS- At the surgeon's office, Coleman weighed 24 lb 4 oz! What a big boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment