I cried this morning when dropping Coleman off. Today a lady that mom knows from church is keeping him. She keeps 2 other kids, and she seems like a very nice lady. (Her name is Toi.) Well, she goes to the house of one of the little girls she keeps every morning to get her ready and then take her back to her house. The house she goes to is a LOT closer to my work than Toi's house, and the timing is right, so I just met her in the Tara Village parking lot and put Coleman in her car there. TOTALLY weird putting my son in someone else's car and watching them drive away. She was going to Callie Joe's house, and then in a couple of hours they will be back at Toi's house for the day. I am just praying that he is safe, and trusting my instinct that tells me that everything will be ok. But, I definitely have reservations about having someone else drive him around!
Thankfully, this is just a temporary situation. Toi is going to watch Coleman 2-3 days a week during the month of May. Then June 4th Coleman gets to start going to Carolyn Daniel's in-home daycare. I am so thankful that she had an opening and called us. She's been doing the in-home care (with her husband Danny) for 20 years. She lives about .2 miles from Jeff's work and less than a mile from our house. Then once Shelby starts at TCC in August, hopefully we will have the kids in semi-permanent care for the next couple of years. Good care is so hard to find but we have been so blessed so far and always find the perfect situation for us at the time!
It's Monday morning and I need to get to work. I am SO exhausted from the weekend. Yesterday we spent hours working in the front yard. I used the electric hedger (?) is that what it's called? I trimmed so many bushes and ground cover---and today my back is killing me. When I wasn't hedging, I was holding Coleman. That boy just wants to be held. Period. He won't sleep during the day without being held. He won't sit more than just a few minutes without fussing. I don't like it only b/c I am not sure if something is wrong w/ him or if he is just fussy for no reason. If he's hurting somewhere I want to know so I can fix it! But, usually picking him up and bouncing him does the trick, so there can't be something too terribly wrong with him if that fixes it, right?? Well, that's what I'll keep telling myself as long as the dr. says he's healthy!
There's so much more I could write but this is going to be a LONG day. It's 7:40 am and I've already been up for 2 hours. I have dinner with my friends in Grapevine tonight. Maybe I'll write more later after I wake up some and get some work done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment