Monday, April 2, 2007

It's Monday

What a great and tiring weekend it was! It is such a blessing to be able to spend 2 whole days with my babies. It is exhausting and sometimes frustrating, but so fulfilling also. And then Monday comes and it is the only day of the week that I feel a little relief while driving to work. After a weekend full of 2-yr-old tantrums and hundreds :) of diaper changes, it really does feel pretty good to drive to work, by myself for the first time in 3 days, and know that all I have to do all day is sit at a desk. Then Tuesday comes and I'm wishing I was home with the family all day again. So Mondays really aren't all that bad. I'm gonna say that Tuesdays are worse!

This weekend Jeff had to work on Saturday at noon. Gram came in the mornin-time and visited and played w/ Shelby for a few hours. Then it was a miracle- I got Shelby down to nap without much fuss at all. She wanted brother to lay down with her, so I put him right in her bed next to her, under the covers, and she laid there and fell right asleep with Mommy rubbing her arm ("Hand" as she says.) Then about 30 minutes later Coleman went back to sleep and I got a ONE HOUR nap! WooHOO! After naptime we went to Nonnie & Poppy's house. I went shopping w/ nonnie & Cole, and Uncle TyTy and Poppy watched Shelby. She was such a good girl- she pooped TWICE in less than 2 hours for poppy to change! :)

Sunday we had Easter and family pictures taken by Jeff's coworker. We haven't seen them yet, but I hope he got some good ones. Coleman was doing lots of stretching and freaky baby faces, so maybe he got one or 2 of the little man sleeping and looking peaceful. Then we went and had "brunch" at Los Potros. YUMMY! They have this huge buffet line of all kinds of Mexican food. We all ate for $22, and that is several servings each! Their buffet starts at 11 so Jeff and I are thinking, "What a great after-church weekly tradition!"

Jeff did lots of yardwork yesterday. I spent the afternoon trying to get Shelby to nap (that took about an hour and a half) and then she finally slept for about 3 hours. Then we hauled the whole fam up to Kroger and proceeded to spend $240 on groceries. We better not be eating out with all that food in the house!

Well, that's our weekend synopsis. Pretty basic and boring. Next weekend is Shelby's bday party and Jeff is off on Saturday, so 2 full family days. Yay Daddy!

No comments: