HALFWAY!!

Picture taken at 19 weeks 5 days! We went to grab some dinner one night and the kids decided (all on their own) to put on their matching Big Sister(again) / Big Brother shirts so we just had to take a picture.
Like in the picture, Coleman has been very lovey will my belly, always touching it and hugging it and kissing it. However, last night (after we had our big sonogram) he refused to kiss “baby sister” goodnight.
Which brings me to our big news that we all know by now--- P3 is a baby SISTER!
We had our sonogram yesterday and brought along Shelby, Coleman, Gram, and of course Daddy. I was worried Daddy wasn’t going to make it since, first time ever, they called me in 10 minutes early and he was still 10 minutes away! But luckily the technician just took all her measurements first, and waited to look for the fun stuff when he arrived.
This sonogram showed the least views and pictures of baby and body parts of any that I’ve ever had. We got no profile shots or view of little hands and feet. At one point she zoomed in on her little nose and lips (which were open) but even that was very hard to decipher. She said that baby was on her side or had her back to us for the entire show, so that is why there was not much cool stuff to see. This was just a little disappointing because I’m pretty sure Shelby and Coleman had no idea what was on that screen the entire time. They got pretty bored by the end. (They did love hearing the heart beat.) On the plus side, she was not able to get all her views of the heart that she wanted, so we get to take another look at a sonogram in 3 weeks. Doctor said that nothing is wrong at all, they just weren’t able to get the look/check that they need. Little girl had her legs together most of the time too. The tech kept going down and checking, but wasn’t able to get a shot to determine the gender until I turned onto my right side. Then she was able to see enough, and get plenty of views to say that she was “Very sure” that it was a girl. Of course they’ll check again in 3 weeks but she said she would be “very surprised” if she was wrong. Oh, but apparently the tech used these terms instead of being “IT’S A GIRL FOR SURE” and now Coleman refuses to acknowledge that it’s a girl. Every time we say something about her or “baby sister,” he clarifies, “She said she THINKS it’s a girl…not that it is one.” Poor little Buddy in denial! In the room when she announced the gender, Shelby and Coleman didn’t have much of a reaction. Shelby smiled and I am told that Coleman just looked at her (Shelby) and glared.
This baby girl, just like every other time I’ve been to the doctor, was moving non-stop in my belly. I felt her the entire sonogram and have actually been feeling her ALL THE TIME now, but especially when I lay down and be still, she is always moving. I thought 3rd babies were supposed to be laid back? From what we’ve seen so far, I think this one is ready to come out and keep up with big sister and brother! Yesterday she was laying with her feet down in the lower left of my belly, her booty on the bottom right, and her head up closer to my right ribs. She’s sittin’ up!
Next up: Operation Decide on a Perfect Name.
how big is baby?: from Babycenter: Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. She's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against her torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of her head to her bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, she's measured from head to toe.)
weight gained so far?: 12 lbs. I was very happy that I only gained 2 lbs between the 16 wk appt and this one, since I gained 5 the 4 wks before that. Doctor says that the weight gain is “great.”
sleep?: Sleep is fine. Turning over from side to side at night is already getting old, but I know it will only get more difficult. One of my favorite parts of the day, though, is finally hitting that bed and lying still to feel her move. I can feel her the most when I’m laying on my left side, which we now know is where her legs/feet are kicking at me.
best moment of the week?: The sonogram, of course! Getting to say “SHE” instead of “it!”
Miss Anything? I miss cool weather, but that doesn’t have much to do with being pregnant. Though I think I may be sweating more than the non-pregnant version of myself. So I miss coming in from outside with DRY clothes on.
Movement: Yep, plenty of little kicks. I have seen slight movement while staring at the belly…can’t wait til others can see and feel her too
food cravings?: Apples. Nothing really. I’m still mainly eating just to eat.
Gender: Sweet Little Miss Baby Sis!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy/excited with major sudden bad moods thrown in just to even things out.
looking forward to?: Setting up house to be a family of 5! Shopping for pink frilly lacy ruffledly soft polka dotty sweet stuff! Also this week Aunt Millie and Uncle Luke are in for a week from Spain so we are excited about their surprise/sudden visit!

No comments:
Post a Comment