Monday, September 26, 2011

Rain Rain DON’T Go Away!

A couple of Fridays ago, we had plans to go on a family walk with the doggies when Daddy got home from work.

As we waited and got ready to go, we heard THUNDER.  It felt like the most precious thing I’d ever heard!  After a serious drought all summer, we were more than happy to forego our walk plans and to enjoy the wet stuff falling from the sky instead!

I told the kids that I was going out on the back patio to sit and enjoy the smell and sounds of the rain.  It wasn’t long before both kids were soaked (in their normal clothes!) from playing out in it.  (Pictures are from after Cole changed and put on his swimsuit.)

 DSC_6954

(Swingin’ in the rain, tire swingin’ in the rain!  What a glorious feeling I’m happy again!)

DSC_6956 

They painted the slide with mud and then slid down in it.  Apparently for Shelby and Coleman, the amount of mess and the amount of fun are directly proportional. 

DSC_6965

DSC_6957

DSC_6958

DSC_6960

DSC_6963

Daddy showed up a little late with a bottle of wine and a block of cheddar, and we sat out and enjoyed it all on the patio.  It was a great Friday night!

No comments: