Shelby’s field day was from noon – 2:15 on Friday.
I know a LOT of school have had to cancel and/or postpone their field days this year because of a very wet May, but this day could not have been more gorgeous. It was PERFECT, clear blue sky, sunshine, a tiny breeze, and temps in the mid-seventies. That’s my kind of day!
I am so glad I decided to go. I loved watching her have so much fun, but also because I don’t think there was ONE child there without a parent, and many of them had both parents and some grandparents there!
Here is our Sissy, right before the games started!
A snapshot with 2 of her besties in her class, Jaqueline and Bella.
The very first races they did were the wet ones. First, the coffee can race.
That got everyone just a little wet :)
Then was the sponge race to fill up the bucket. Her class won this one!
Self-portrait to prove I was there! :)
Then was the water balloon toss. Shelby and Sarah were the last girls left, and then their balloon burst while Shelby was just standing there holding it before the next toss! :(
Then was the relay race. Shelby is there on the very left, and the 2 girls on the right came in first and second, and Shelby was third. She was running so fast but she ran a diagonal beeline straight towards the girls who won. She kept watching them instead of running straight! Haha!
She tried really really hard!
After that, the girls all spent some time resting and cheering on the boys in their class.
Finally was the balloon pop. Shelby loved this one the most, I think!
I loved watching her be silly with her friends.
The school day ended with a fruit popsicle out on the blacktop. What a fun day!

No comments:
Post a Comment