On Monday we decided to go swimming at Poppy & Nonnie’s after work/school. I told Shelby she had to clean her room before we left. A few minutes later, I’m ready to walk out the door and I’m yelling for Shelby, “Let’s go.” After getting no answer I saw that the door to her room was closed. I walked in to find her in a new outfit, with lip gloss on, a purse on her shoulder, and she was drying her hair in front of her mirror. With a real hair dryer, plugged in and turned on. She looked up at me with the eyes of a diva, smiled, and kept on fixing her hair. I told her it was time to go. As I was getting Cole out the door and loading the car, I turned around from the front porch to see her standing behind the glass door, her hands out in this OH MY GAWSH position, as she’s frantically yelling, “But MOM I still have to get READY!!!”
Just God giving me a little glimpse into the next 15 years of my life???

No comments:
Post a Comment