Pictures at 34 weeks, 6 days…Thanksgiving day 2012!
I never updated after my 34 week doctor appointment. We had the sonogram and Daddy was able to be there too. The sonographer felt on my belly with her hands, saying she just wanted to guess what position she was in. She said she thought she was probably in the same position with her head up by my right ribs. I sort of agreed, since I (again) hadn’t felt any huge flips or thumps. As soon as she put the device on my belly, she said, “Nope, I’m wrong! Her head’s down here!” Right where it was supposed to be. :) Good girl, Molly!
They don’t check their weight/size again so soon, so she just looked at her heart rate (high 130’s) and watched for some “practice breathing,” which Molly didn’t really want to do. We had waited in the waiting room for 45 minutes, where she was kicking and moving like crazy, but by the time we were in the room, baby was sleepy! She wouldn’t move much for the sonographer, but after some prodding on my belly, she finally did some practice breaths that satisfied her.
Next, we went right into the doctor’s appointment, which was completely uneventful. “Yay for head down…How do you feel? … any contractions? (yes, nightly) … any leaking? (no) … cramping? (not much…) blah blah blah… See ya in 2 weeks!” One great thing to note is that I still have great low blood pressure and no swelling at all. My ankles are still very much visible. :)
This week starts our weekly OB visits, every Thursday. Also, if I were to have Molly at the same gestation that Coleman was born, it would be this Thursday! That’s very crazy to think about, though there’s really no reason to believe she will come that early. Although I am completely uncomfortable and READY TO HOLD HER in my arms, it would really be best if she stays in there for at least 1.5 more weeks for her health (to be full-term at 37 weeks) and at least 2.5 more weeks for my work and financial convenience. If I have to go on maternity leave before our Christmas break (which starts December 15th,) that will just complicate lots of things. I try to keep that in mind during my 18,000 huge efforts to roll from side to side at night, and during my 4+ nightly bathroom visits. :)
But we are ready, whenever she decides to get here. Our Christmas tree is up (pictures coming soon,) her room is ready (pictures coming soon,) her clothes are washed, the hospital bag is mostly packed, and Shelby and Coleman’s Christmas presents are all bought (they need to be wrapped.)
Our countdown to Christmas paper link chain is hung in the living room. 29 days! Coleman really wanted to do a countdown for Molly, but it’s hard to understand that we don’t know exactly when she’ll be here, so we can’t count down to it!
weight gained so far?: 31 lbs in 34 weeks.
sleep?: Not so great. Lots of rolling from side to side (which is a big event) and it’s almost impossible for me to get comfortable. Lots of bathroom breaks.
best moment of the week?: Spending quality family time with our sweet family for Thanksgiving…we got to travel to Nana and Papa G’s house in Powderly, where there was 100% relaxation, conversation, food, and football! And of course, tractor rides for the kids. We got to skype with Millie and Luke in Spain, and found out that they will be coming home for CHRISTMAS! And for MOLLY! We are so excited that they will be here to share this special time with all of us!!!! There was also some great family-of-four time for the Pecks. We went to the Fort Worth parade of lights the day after Thanksgiving (pictures to come) and then on Saturday had a family date to see Wreck it Ralph followed by lunch and a stroll around downtown Fort Worth.
Miss Anything? Yeah, I miss almost everything :) We are having some great weather and I wish I was out enjoying it more. I feel pretty useless and lazy lately, but Jeffie is great at reminding me that I just need to relax and remember that I’m 8 months pregnant and should be doing less than normal. :)
Movement: Lots of movement that I am cherishing, the one thing I’m sad about being over with soon.
food cravings?: Well, I just made a batch of amazingly crunchy chocolate chip and reeses pieces cookies. I must have been craving that.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty happy. A little “blah” and useless feeling…very anxious.
looking forward to?: Being done with work (temporarily) in 3 weeks. Molly’s birth day!

1 comment:
You look great! Hope the next 3 weeks fly by for you!
Post a Comment