Thursday, September 4, 2014

Molly, 20 months

I want to take some time and write about Molly!
…Because this girl is changing so much every day. 

She has begun to sing along with us to all of the children’s songs we sing, and also dance and do hand motions.  She sings the ABC’s, Twinkle Twinkle, Happy and You Know It, and EIEIO to name a few. 

She is saying many words, but still just mostly the first syllable of words.  However, she does say at least one surprising word with all the syllables: Strawberry. When reading books, she points out everything from grass to leaves, sky, trees, sun, butterflies (“Bly”), Bugs (“Ewww”), all the animals, etc.  She knows all of the body parts we’ve taught her including knees and chin.  She’s said a couple of 2-3 word sentences (“Want that” is a favorite.)  Just in the past couple of weeks she has begun saying “Peese” and “Tay You”

This girl LOVES books, and while she’ll sit and watch tv when I tell her to, she usually begs for books instead.  (Me: “Mommy’s gonna cook dinner, you want to watch a show?”  Molly: “Book!  Book!  BOOK” while shoving books at me and hanging from my feet.)  Smile

She likes to pick out her own clothes and shoes each morning, and yesterday she insisted upon wearing her new boots.  (“Boots!  Boots!  Boots!”)

She walks up and down the stairs with no trouble, and can open the front door herself (gasp!)  I need to change the handle on that one.

Last night for the first time, she attempted to say “I love you” to Shelby.  She said, “I La la.”  Heart. Melt.

I think we have been challenged blessed with a 3rd strong-willed child!  She is very opinionated about most things, like sitting in her stroller or being held in a store.  She’s so big (long) and strong that if Jeff is around, I hand off to him because she’s just hard for me to handle physically already! 

She is loving her days at Ms. Theresa’s and learns so much there.  She knows more songs and motions than we do, and uses a lot of sign language which we see (and don’t even know what it means.)  She knows how to sign many animals, etc.  She has cut down to a big girl schedule with one nap a day, but is often cranky or sleepy in the evenings.  Last night she refused dinner and then went to bed at 7:30.  I woke her up at 7:30 this morning. 

That is one thing that hasn’t changed- how awesome of a sleeper she is!  Still no crying when she goes to bed, and no night waking anymore at all.  She still loves her lovie (which she began calling “Night night”) but is pretty good at leaving it in her crib, where I make her leave it.  We tell it bye bye in the mornings.  I will still let her use it if we’re out and about and she’s tired, but for the most part, the night night is only used at night night now!  She has taken a liking to both Bobby (Shelby’s old obsession/lovie) and Momo (Coleman’s)  Sometimes she chooses to take those with her places.

Molly is really good at being a 3rd child little sissy, and being on the go with us a lot of the time.

Participating in 1st day of school pictures:

DSC_3887

At a volleyball game:

CAM02261

Eating at the bar with a barstool like the big kids:

CAM02284

But still my baby sleepin in her crib with her booty in the air!

CAM02302

This was one of those days in which she insisted upon the tutu, and she asks for a bow when she wakes up each morning too (but doesn’t leave them on long!)

CAM02318

Here she is on a Saturday morning in her new boots. She carries that pretend ice cream around and licks it.

CAM02347

These were from the Rangers game the day before school started.  She was VERY good.  Climbed around on us and the chairs, but lasted from the first through ninth innings with no fits, crying, or trouble…we even got to watch most of the game!

CAM02354CAM02358CAM02363

 

In going through pictures, I have noticed that it is hard to find any of her smiling.  I assure you, this is a happy child who smiles often.  I guess she just turns it off for the camera.  Just like how she won’t repeat anything / perform on demand.  She’s particular and stubborn, that’s for sure.  She is very good at obeying when I tell her to come here, or stop doing something, etc. 

We went to the beach last month, so there are more pictures- but I’m going to write a separate post about that!

Molly is so loved by her big bro and sissy that it is hard to describe.  She’s one lucky little baby sis!

No comments: