Thursday, July 28, 2011

4th of July Weekend

After our Friday night Pre-4th-of-July fireworks, we woke up Saturday for a day with Gram.
We went to eat and shopping (a hobby both Gram and I share!)  I just had to take her to Marshall’s. :)
When we got home, we noticed that Coleman had written on Gram’s shirt during lunch:

DSC_6221

Then, with the camera out, Jeff decided to host a little photo shoot (with bad shadows!)  Our kiddos are SILLY BILLIES!  I want them to Never Grow Up.

DSC_6232   DSC_6227   DSC_6231

At Marshall’s, Gram bought Coleman a new pair of shoes.  They are awesome and fast Pumas.  Every time Coleman gets a new pair of shoes, he has to put them on immediately and see how fast he can run in them.  This is him running.  Pretty fast, huh?

DSC_6222

Thanks, Gram, for coming to visit us!  We miss you!

Sunday came and we headed out to our friends the Davis’ house for some swim time and dinner.  Unfortunately, as soon as we finally got to the pool, lighting filled the sky around us and the pool closed.  Shelby, Jess and I were at the very top of the slide, completely dry, next in line to go down when the whistle blew!  Such a bummer, especially for Shelby and Coleman!  We were able to go back after dinner for about an hour of swim time, but their cool big slides were closed by then so we will have to go back again and let Cole and Shelby experience the slides!
I didn’t take my camera out (I was way too busy spending my time with sweet Jocelyn!) but Jess got a couple of cute pictures of Shelby reading to Joe.
 
image

In this one she’s petting his head…such a little Mommy.

image

Thanks Davises and Meikles for a wonderful evening!

On Monday, 4th of July morning, we woke up with plans to have a family day and cookout with family at Nonnie' and Poppy’s pool, but one phone call brought devastation and tears with the news about Aunt Jan.  That evening back at home, Jeff, Shelby, Coleman and I decided to run up to a local parking lot and watch the city’s fireworks from the bed of our truck.

DSC_6240
DSC_6238

It was a long, difficult day, and I thought about Aunt Jan as we watched the big explosions in the sky, as I know we all will every year for the rest of our lives.  Janet was very sentimental about trains and the sound of train whistles reminding her of her daddy.  I think she’d be honored that the booms of fireworks lighting up a dark sky will forever make us think of her.

Bright.  Shiny.  Sparkly.  Loud.  A Celebration.

No comments: