Tuesday, November 24, 2009

November Ramblings by Mommy

Here we are - almost through November 09 and man the time is just flying by!

Last night when I was ready for bed, I went and got my sweet cuddle girl Shelby out of her bed and into mine with me...when do I have to stop doing this? I think I'll do it as long as she'll let me! Sadly I'm sure one of these years/days she'll be telling me to leave her alone. :(

(picture from Saturday night when she had us "Dress up for dinner")

Every single morning she HAS to wake up and "Watch Daddy drive off" to work. He leaves right around 6:30 which is when she wakes up... Doesn't matter that it's raining or 35 degrees outside and she's just in a t-shirt. She does it. She watches and waves as he drives off and he gives her a little honk, which delights her with a huge smile every time. Oh this little girl loves her daddy.



She has really grown up a lot lately- helping more, obeying better, being extra sweet to her brother. I am so proud of the little girl she is becoming. She still says she is going to be an animal doctor when she grows up, and she becomes more and more motherly every day. She is still obsessed with dolls and stuffed animals, and oftentimes lately I'll find her in her room, sitting in her rocking chair with a dolly in her lap, feeding her with a spoon. She just grins at me, so proud of herself.


(Picture from Chuck E Cheese!)

Cole Daddy is just a bruiser...last night he just ran into me full force and knocked my glasses off my face. He (and Shelby too) loves to wrestle around in the living room floor, and "Ride the horsie" (Daddy) and "Fly like SuperMAN!" (on Mommy's legs.) He likes to sing and often belts out his school song, "Oh it's great to be a HoneyBee! I'm thankful for my friends and I'm thankful for my teachers, oh it's great to be a HoneyBee!!!" He's a sweetie but oh so frustrating at times. He throws things. Hits things. Takes everything apart. He spits. His favorite word is "Buttcheeks!!!" thanks to cousin Matthew and he belts it out multiple times a day, regardless of our asking him not to. Last night at dinner, he reached over, got Shelby's cup full of ice water, and spit out his milk into it. This was right after he "scooted" his plate into the floor for the dogs to devour. God is teaching me patience with this little man! :)


But oh his sweet chubby hands holding mine, or his arms wrapped around my neck, and the way he cuddled with me this Saturday morning on the couch and contentedly said, "I wuv you Mommy."....he is the loveliest thing that ever was!



We have so many fun things planned coming up in the next year...
We are having Thanksgiving at Aunt Millie and Uncle Luke's new house- their first married Thanksgiving. Mill has got that house just gorgeous inside (so bad that it makes me want to re-do mine again!)
There will be a trip to Arkansas for Christmas with the family (not ON Christmas though.)
Then after a Christmas at home, we are heading to a cabin at Beaver's Bend, OK for New Years Eve with Nonnie & Poppy, Millie & Luke, Anna and Tyler.
We were seriously considering a ski trip to Red River over Spring Break but I think we've about decided to wait one more year to go, so that Cole can do a ski school as well (at age 4.)
In June Jeff turns 35 and I will be the big 3-0, and we are heading to Destin for a week-long beach vacation. My kids have never been to the beach. Never! I am so excited because they are going to love it! We are heading there with a ton of family- all of my dad's side, with Mimi & Jack, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!" ~Psalm 133:1

1 comment:

Anna Jones said...

You have the Best looking family! :)